[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.10.1 requirements

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Oct 14 04:36:20 PDT 2013

Selon laura0 <lauramail at iol.it>:

> Hi all,
> I would like to know which versions of netcdf, hdf4, hdf5 libraries are
> supported by the new release of GDAL.
> I tried for instance 4.1.1 netcdf library but, after ./configure, I see
> "netcdf supported NO" .  So I think that version is too old. With the latest
> versions (netcdf 4.3.0, hdf5 1.8.11 , hdf4 4.2.9 ) everything looks going
> fine but processing an hdf5 dataset I got the following error:
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.11) thread 0:
>   #000: H5A.c line 557 in H5Aopen(): unable to load attribute info from
> object header for attribute: 'PRODUCT_NAME'
>     major: Attribute
>
> I was able to open the same dataset instead with gdal 1.9 and library
> versions: hdf5 1.8.9 , hdf4 4.2.8 , netcdf 4.2.1.1
> Is it a problem of versions or something else?

Laura,

I would have expected any netCDF version >= 3.6 or something like that to be OK.
But perhaps there are with particuler netCDF versions...

On my dev system I have HDF5 1.8.4 I believe and things seem to work fine. Are
you encountering this error with all HDF5 datasets or just one particular one ?
Did you try with HDF5 1.8.9 that worked with your GDAL 1.9 ?

Even