[gdal-dev] gdal get geolocation array in HDF5 dataset

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:33:16 PDT 2013

Hi Laura,

In that particular product the geolocation is not a metadata item but a field (two images with latitude values in one image and longitude values in the other).

"The swath structure consists of Data Fields and
Geolocation Fields, but we start with StructMetadata.0, since this holds information on the
size of the Data Fields and Geolocation Fields, that is being read in before the Data Fields and
Geolocation Fields are read in." [http://www.temis.nl/airpollution/no2.html] Product Specification Document(pdf).

GDALWARP is able to use those two geolocation field to transform the Data Fieds images into an output image in the SRS of your choice.

Regards,

Ivan