[gdal-dev] Linking GDAL to HDF5 static

Olivier BARTHELEMY barthelemy at geovariances.com
Thu Oct 31 03:39:44 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'd like to link GDAL to the static versions of NetCDF and HDF5 to reduce
the numbers of files i have to install with my application.
As NetCDF also depends on HDF5, and HDF5 is not linked directly in
GDAL.dll, but in the HDF5 plugin DLL, do you know if i'll end up having
HDF5 linked twice, once in HDF5 because of netcdf, and once in HDF5 plugin
dll? Or does the build detect that HDF5 will already be in GDAL dll, so
doesn't try to link it in the HDF5 pugin DLL?

--
Olivier BARTHELEMY