[gdal-dev] How to import attributes from shape file to SQL Server?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Sep 22 13:14:38 PDT 2013

ibaxn <ingo.bleile <at> axnovia.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I found examples of how to import spacial data into a SQL Server column, but
> I wonder how to also import attribute data. Can anyone show me an example?
>
> Many thanks and kind regards, ibaxn

Hi,

If you mean how it is done with ogr2ogr then it is simple because by default
all attributes are imported with a command like
ogr2ogr -overwrite -f MSSQLSpatial
"MSSQL:server=.\MSSQLSERVER2008;database=spatial;trusted_connection=yes"
"TG20.shp"

If you want to know how to do that with your code you will need to tell what
you plan to do and make a more specific question and wait till someone else
answers you, I have no idea about those things.

-Jukka Rahkonen-