[gdal-dev] gdal_grid: how to choose ellipse radius

laura0 lauramail at iol.it
Thu Sep 26 00:36:09 PDT 2013

Thanks Even,
is the radius1 and radius2 unit in pixel?
Because my grid size is: cloud coverage [km] / cloud resolution [km] so the
pixel resolution of the grid is 1 pixel. Is this the right value to assign
to radius1 and radius2? Should it be always an integer value?
I think that setting radius1 and radius2 to 0 is a good solution to avoid
"no data value", but not the best to get an image as close as possibile to
the original cloud. If I use a small ellipse instead, the grid will be
filled only if there is effectively a value close that position in the
cloud. Is this right?

Regards,
Laura