[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.11.0 Beta1 ready

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sun Apr 6 12:22:22 PDT 2014

Hei Even,

Thanks for the beta release. I tested with special focus on GRASS 7, because in the news it says that:
"GRASS driver:
 * fix compilation issues for GRASS 7"

I can confirm, that GDAL can be built against GRASS 7.
gdalinfo --formats gives:
GRASS (ro): GRASS Database Rasters (5.7+)

However, the GRASS driver does not work with GRASS 7 rasters (at least not for me on UBUNTU 12.04 LTS).

When I call gdalinfo on a GRASS 7 raster I get:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Seems like ticket #2953 (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2953) is still valid.

Cheers
Stefan