[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] oci and oracle express 11

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Apr 12 02:12:43 PDT 2014

Martin Landa <landa.martin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,

> [...]
>
> > I know that is not the same situation you have, but when I need to run GDAL
> > build for Win32 on my Win64 machine I need to place an OCI.DLL from a
> > InstantClient-32 first on my PATH. Otherwise it will try to load the default
> > on DLL my system, that happens to a Win64 OCI.DLL.
>
> that was! When I removed oci.dll from c:\osgeo4w than it started magically
work!

> ogrinfo -ro OCI:user/passwd
>
> Thanks for saving me from madness  Martin

Hi,

It took quite a lot of thinking for many people before you got it to work.
Driver page http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_oci.html does not give any help, it
does not even mention that oci.dll is somehow involved. Could the more
advanced OCI users/developers suggest what to add to the driver page for
helping next new users?

-Jukka Rahkonen-