[gdal-dev] Motion: Promote 1.11.0RC1 for release

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Apr 20 07:56:16 PDT 2014

Le dimanche 20 avril 2014 16:21:40, Martin Landa a écrit :
> Hi,

> > Motion: GDAL/OGR 1.11.0RC1 is promoted to be the official 1.11.0 final
> > release.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > No critical issue has been specifically reported on RC1 so far, so I
> > invite PSC members to vote on this motion after doing your own testing
> > and validation. Input from everyone else who can test it is also very
> > welcome.
>
> sorry for the noise, I would just expect that RC period will take
> about two weeks. In any case no objections, just my 2eurocents, Martin

There is no hard rule for that. In the past, AFAICS, the vote for promoting a
RC was asked just 2 or 3 days after issuing it. And Beta1 was released on the
4th, so more than 2 weeks. I don't see the benefit in waiting more, unless
there are people who would express the need for some more time to test it.
I think that there are 2 categories of people : early adopters who track trunk
on a regular basis, or more cautious users who wait for the official release.

--
Geospatial professional services