[gdal-dev] problem with gdal_translate jp2 file from the usgs (linux)

Kasper van Wijk k.vanwijk at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 24 17:25:00 PDT 2014

Eli: thanks for the new repo. This got me from gdal 1.7.3 to 1.9.1, but
still the same warning/output

Trent: I downloaded the linux binaries and followed the instructions in the
README (about PATHS), but:
kasper at PALette:~/Downloads$ kdu_expand -i
m_3810623_ne_13_1_20110921_20111031.jp2 -o geo.tif -num_threads 2
bash: /home/kasper/kakadu/bin/kdu_expand: cannot execute binary file

Even: I managed to install the http://gdal.org/frmt_jp2openjpeg.html, and
downloaded and install gdal1.10 against the openjpeg libs, but

kasper at PALette:~/Downloads/gdal-1.10.1$ !gdal
gdal_translate
ERROR 1: gdal_translate was compiled against GDAL 1.10 but current library
version is 1.9

How/where do I get the 1.10 libs? Or should I install GDAL1.09 to match?

Cheers,
kasper