[gdal-dev] debug ogr2ogr on Windows

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:08:33 PDT 2014

Hi Martin,

If your intention was to build for 64bit and should have create the .vcproj file this way:

C:\<folder>\trunk\gdal> makegdal_gen 10.00 64 > makegdal10-trunk.vcproj

You should open it in VS 2010 and let it is job and convert to the new format.

And your nmake.local should like this:

MSVC_VER=1600
DEBUG=1
WIN64=yes

But as Even pointed our it looks like you missed some settings for the CUR library.

Whatever happens in the IDE should be the same as in command line.

The IDE is going to do what is defined in Project Properties/Configuration Properties/NMake, like for example:

Build Command Line: cd $(ProjectDir) && nmake -f makefile.vc && nmake -f makefile.vc install

You click the <edit...> option and replace the "&&" by new line.

cd $(ProjectDir)
nmake -f makefile.vc
nmake -f makefile.vc install

That is easier to read. That "&&" was introduced to fix a problem with SVN and CRLF stuff.

The only thing that could be different between typing those command in command line and running through the IDE is the compiler architecture and environment variable.

To make sure that the IDE will run nmake in a x64 environment you should change the Platform drop-down list at the center of the VS task bar to "x64", and to undefine an environmental variable you can add that to your nmake.local:

!UNDEF CURL_INC

Good luck!