[gdal-dev] GSoC 2014 Weekly Report 11 : GDAL PostGIS Raster driver

Varun Saraf varunsaraf14 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:38:36 PDT 2014

Hello,

Yes, the code on the github repository is the latest state. I was trying
the following input queries :

(1) Assuming that my Create() will be called.
gdal_translate --debug ON -of PostGISRaster ~/GSoC/ap_clip5x5.tif
 PG:"host=localhost port=5432 user=postgres password=postgres
dbname=test123 table=newtable"

(2) When that did not work, I tried the following (suggested by my mentor,
Jorge Arevalo) which didn't work either.
gdal_translate --debug ON -of PostGISRaster -outsize 50% 50%
~/GSoC/ap_clip5x5.tif  PG:"host=localhost port=5432 user=postgres
password=postgres dbname=test123 table=newtable"

QuiteDelete() method is called in both cases and the following error
messages are shown
ERROR 1: Couldn't drop the table public.newtable: ERROR:  table "newtable"
does not exist
ERROR 6: PostGISRasterDataset::CreateCopy() only works on source datasets
that are PostGISRaster

I even tried calling the Create() method directly from CreateCopy(), since
that is being called, but again the same error message is being printed.

Regards,
Varun Saraf