[gdal-dev] Problems using the OCI plugin with ogr2ogr

David R. Robison david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
Thu Aug 7 11:18:24 PDT 2014

Looking at wireshark it appears that it never attempts a TCP connection
to the database. David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 8/7/2014 1:05 PM, David R. Robison wrote:
> I am trying to use ogr2ogr to copy data from Oracle spatial to
> PostgreSQL. My command line is:
>
> OGR2OGR -overwrite -f "PostgreSQL" -s_srs 141122 -t_srs 4326
> PG:"host=localhost user=Postgres password=xxxxxx dbname=penngis"
> OCI:"GEOADMIN/geoadmin@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.117.244)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=penngis))):GEOADMIN.RMSSEG"
> -nln orci_rmsseg
>
> In the log I see:
>
> OGR: Auto register C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins\ogr_OCI.dll using
> RegisterOGROCI.
> OCI: Userid=GEOADMIN, Password=geoadmin,
> Database=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.117.244)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=penngis)))
> ERROR 1:  in <unnamed>
> FAILURE:
> Unable to open datasource
> `OCI:GEOADMIN/geoadmin@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.117.244)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=penngis))):GEOADMIN.RMSSEG'
> with the following drivers.
>     -> OCI
>     -> ESRI Shapefile
>
> It seems it registers the OCI plugin but does not seem to attempt a
> database connection. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
> David

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.