[gdal-dev] GPKG application_id

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Aug 7 11:30:25 PDT 2014

As we found when developing gpkg, setting the PRAGMA application_id can be tricky given the general state of installed sqlite libraries on a randomly chosen system: generally, the libraries are old enough to not support that pragma!

We ended up hacking around it by directly editing the bytes in the file header.

Others are less likely. I’ve learned that GeoServer is emitted GPKG files without the application_id set.

Right now, OGR GPKG driver is strict: fail on wrong application_id. I’d like to make it more lenient: warn on wrong application_id. We can always fail later if required tables are missing, etc.

Is it OK to make this change in trunk? In 1.12 or 1.11 branch?

P.

--
Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca