[gdal-dev] Problem encountered in stitching/merging the raster files

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Aug 31 22:39:51 PDT 2014

user_name <ljvillarin30 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tried adding -dstnodata 0 to gdalwarp(I just add one 0 because it has
only 1 band.Am I doing the right thing?) I have attached here the output. It
really didn't stitch/mosaic well. The output is still the same. I'm really
confused?

Hi,

I am confused too. You get two blocks, western one combined from two images
and eastern one combined from three images. For me it looks that the blocks
do not meet simply because your original satellite images do not cover that
internal area and the image which you attached to your firs mail shows all
the image data that you have. For total coverage you should acquire more
images into your mosaic. Correct me if you are sure that your originals
cover also the middle area.

-Jukka Rahkonen-