[gdal-dev] IO Overhead when reading small subsets from Global Files

Julian Zeidler gdal at zeidlers.de
Mon Dec 8 02:14:04 PST 2014

Hi Even,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have mentioned, that I also tried converting it to a compressed
tiled Tiff.
There i can see the same kind of overhead. I extract a 1MB Subset from
the File and depending on the Tiles 1 read between 9-12 MB via the Network.
The Process only reads one 500x500 block from every single File

Cheers Julian