[gdal-dev] Can't make GME driver work

Jorge Arévalo jorge at cartodb.com
Thu Dec 18 14:23:36 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm having problems making the GDAL GME driver work
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GMEDriver). I've defined CLIENT_API and
CLIENT_SECRET in Google API console, and I successfully used them with
the QGIS GME plugin
(https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/GoogleMapsEngineConnector/) and with
the example Python script of the doc page:
https://developers.google.com/maps-engine/documentation/oauth/installedapplication.
But, for some reason, I keep getting HTTP 401 error when trying to read
from my GME account using the GDAL driver.

I've used gdal_auth.py to get the access token and the refresh token.
Passed the config options, as stated in the driver's page. Always
getting HTTP 401.

Do you have any working example using GDAL GME driver? More info about
my problem here:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/127065/i-cant-configure-authentication-with-google-maps-engine-driver-from-gdal

Many thanks in advance!

--