[gdal-dev] editing NetCDF size using GDAL in C++ code

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:31:08 PST 2014

What do you mean by subsets?  Do you mean datasets (known as variables in
netcdf terminology)? If so, there is no way the netcdf driver can create a
netcdf file with subdatasets, sorry.

A workaround is to use gdal to create a file for each subdataset and then
merge them with the nco commandline tools (e.g. ncks -A file1.nc file2.nc).

cheers, Etienne