[gdal-dev] WMS Issues two requests?

Lewis, Martin (UK) MLewis at ngms.eu.com
Thu Feb 6 07:41:10 PST 2014

I need a little help on WMS, it appears to decide that my one request should be two and hence is slowing the whole thing up
I create an XML file and it has the following attributes for DataWindow:

       UpperLeftX                       -10.2210525
       UpperLeftY                        57.7424
       LowerRightX                     4.88191
       LowerRightY                     51.3579
       SizeX                               1076
       SizeY                                787

BlockSize is left at default of 1024 for X and Y

When the request is issued I am noticing in Wireshark TWO requests are sent that appear to have the following BBOX parameters:

Request 1
------------
-10.2210525
49.43529033
4.15203
57.7424

Request 2
------------
4.15203
49.43529033
18.52511
57.7424

So a couple of questions:
1. Why the two requests?
2. Why is the area that ends up in the two requests a lot bigger than the size of the DataWindow that was requested?
3. What am I missing? Is it SizeX being slightly bigger than the block size causing the two fetches? How can it be optimised?

Thanks

Martin

________________________________

Please note that NGMSE is in the process of migrating email addresses from the current 'jsmith at ngms.eu.com' to 'john.smith at euro.ngc.com'. All email sent to a @ngms.eu.com address will continue to be delivered to the intended recipient at their new address - however please update your contacts as you begin to receive replies from the new 'firstname.lastname at euro.ngc.com' address.

Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Europe Ltd is a subsidiary of Northrop Grumman Corporation within its Information Systems sector. The registered office of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Europe Ltd is as follows:

Leander House,
4600 Parkway,
Solent Business Park,
Fareham, PO15 7AZ
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 845 67 102 67
Fax: +44 (0) 845 67 102 68

Registered in England No. 2741988

This email is for the intended addressees only. If you have received it in error then you should not use, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it. Please notify the sender by return email. The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Europe Ltd. Nothing in this email shall bind Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Europe Ltd in any contract or obligation.