[gdal-dev] TOC sub-dataset retrieving when frame with same coverage share the same boundary rectangle.

Andreas Oxenstierna ao at t-kartor.se
Mon Feb 10 00:27:03 PST 2014

Hi

A RPF structure (CADRG, CIB, ECRG etc) may include any combination of
scalelevels and/or geographic zones as referenced in the A.TOC file. So
there may be both scale-overlaps and zone-overlaps.
There is also a frame-based update concept but this is seldom used.
An example from a CADRG dataset containing 14 subdatasets:
SUBDATASET_6_NAME=NITF_TOC_ENTRY:CADRG_TFC_250K_6_5:A.TOC
SUBDATASET_6_DESC=CADRG:TFC:Transit Flying Chart (UK):250K:6:5
SUBDATASET_7_NAME=NITF_TOC_ENTRY:CADRG_LFC-FR_(Day)_500K_1_6:A.TOC
SUBDATASET_7_DESC=CADRG:LFC-FR (Day):Low Flying Chart (Day) - Host
Nation:500K:1:6

This means that you must analyze the individual subdatasets to
extract/combine info for each scalelevel individually. To my knowledge,
there is no consistent naming principle in the standard - so the
scalelevels are just logical names in the A.TOC file.
There should be overlaps between the zones but this data content "shall
be identical".

Best Regards

Andreas Oxenstierna