[gdal-dev] WMS Issues Two Requests

Martin Lewis MLewis at ngms.eu.com
Mon Feb 10 01:31:14 PST 2014

Unfortunately. Even, 'that's life' in my customers world was too slow.

Now I understand what the WMS driver is doing in terms of BlockSize and
DataWindow, I can work round the issue for the time being by requesting a
data window sized block in a single request rather than lots of smaller
blocks in several requests.

This has effectively speeded up the user interaction from about 5 secs to
1-2 secs, an acceptable delay when navigating around a map.

Thanks

Martin