[gdal-dev] Can not open bigtiff file using gdal1.10 API saved by photoshop cs6

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Feb 26 00:22:59 PST 2014

Le mercredi 26 février 2014 03:24:06, ridgewang a écrit :
> Hi,
>   I have created a bigtiff file with over 3GB filesize using gdal 1.10 API
> , then I do some simple edition and save the result tiff image using
> photoshop cs6. Now I cannot open the result tiff file saved by ps cs 6
> using gdal api, it reports that interger overflow and cannot process zero
> stripsize. As well photoshop cs6 can open the result bigtiff file. Thanks
> in advance for any tips!

Ridge,

I guess that PS must put some funny value in a TIFF field.
Could you create a fully black 3GB bigtiff with GDAL, open it with PS, save it
? You should reproduce the same issue. The advantage is that you should be
able to zip it to something very small and be able to attach it to a ticket in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/newticket (you may need to zip the zip file !)

Even

--
Geospatial professional services