[gdal-dev] Reading CurveString and CurvePolygon Geometries from FGF Data

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 17 14:47:19 PST 2014

Le vendredi 17 janvier 2014 17:08:38, Bob Cave a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using the OGR Spatialite driver to read a database that has FGF
> geometries.  Some of the geometries are CurvePolygons, which are not
> currently supported in OGRGeometryFactory::createFromFgfInternal() as of
> GDAL 1.10.1.
>
> Is support for FGF CurveString and CurvePolygon geometries currently in
> development?

Not that I'm aware of.

There's not yet support in OGR core for curve geometries, so that would be a
preliminary step to implement support for the FGF curve geometries. This is
something that could be part of the big changes for OGR 2.0
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes). A few years ago I had started
preliminary work in a sandbox but didn't pursue.

Another annoying thing for implementation is that the link in
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16 to the FGF binary spec seems to have
disappeared.

Do people actually use FDO SQLite databases.... ?

Even

--
Geospatial professional services