[gdal-dev] Fwd: Color Columns in Raster Attribute Tables

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 07:52:51 PST 2014

> From: even.rouault at mines-paris.org
> To: lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Fwd:  Color Columns in Raster Attribute Tables
> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:23:10 +0100
> CC: gillingham.sam at gmail.com; gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Le samedi 18 janvier 2014 15:40:15, Ivan Lucena a écrit :
> > > From: even.rouault at mines-paris.org
> > > To: lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
> > > Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Fwd:  Color Columns in Raster Attribute Tables
> > > Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:22:43 +0100
> > > CC: gillingham.sam at gmail.com; gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org

> > > Well, that should be debugged and fixed... You don't have more details ?
> >
> > I waiting to get a sample file to debug it, but even when it doesn't crash
> > they need to manage what to do with the useless VAT table on the database.

> > > Yes, -norat option in gdal_translate makes sense.
> >
> > IMHO, I don't think we should go to big deal of RPC discussion and voting
> > to add that option to gdal_translate.
>
> I've just added the option. Yes that's not worth a RFC !

Wow, that was fast. Look at the code, it seems that you are taking advantage of the lack of support for RAT in VRT. Is that right? But I think there was a discussion about adding that support for some other reasons. Perhaps when someone wants to translate the RAT but also wants to enter one of those gdal_translate parameters that triggers the VRT. So I think that in the future we would need to add support for RAT to the VRT driver and also add a create-option on that same driver to tell it not do create the RAT. Does it makes sense?