[gdal-dev] Fwd: Color Columns in Raster Attribute Tables

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jan 18 08:36:14 PST 2014

Le samedi 18 janvier 2014 16:52:51, Ivan Lucena a écrit :
> > From: even.rouault at mines-paris.org
> > To: lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
> > Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Fwd:  Color Columns in Raster Attribute Tables
> > Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:23:10 +0100
> > CC: gillingham.sam at gmail.com; gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org

> > > I waiting to get a sample file to debug it, but even when it doesn't
> > > crash they need to manage what to do with the useless VAT table on the
> > > database.

> > > IMHO, I don't think we should go to big deal of RPC discussion and
> > > voting to add that option to gdal_translate.
> >
> > I've just added the option. Yes that's not worth a RFC !
>
> Wow, that was fast. Look at the code, it seems that you are taking
> advantage of the lack of support for RAT in VRT. Is that right? But I
> think there was a discussion about adding that support for some other
> reasons. Perhaps when someone wants to translate the RAT but also wants to
> enter one of those gdal_translate parameters that triggers the VRT. So I
> think that in the future we would need to add support for RAT to the VRT
> driver

Yes, the implementation was trivial due to the lack of support for RAT in VRT.
That's why I've added a regression test for -norat, so that if somebody
implements RAT copying in VRT, they know that they must do something to unset
it explicitely in gdal_translate -norat mode.

> and also add a create-option on that same driver to tell it not do
> create the RAT. Does it makes sense?

If you've other use cases, yes the creation option makes sense.

--
Geospatial professional services