[gdal-dev] [NAS] srsName in NAS import

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jan 29 05:54:24 PST 2014

Hi Even,

On Wed, 29. Jan 2014 at 14:12:06 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> > In the NAS data there is a srsName attribute for every geometry object.
> > This srsName can differ from the srsName for the whole layer.  As far as I
> > see in the code, this is actually not implemented and this leads to wrong
> > data is the value for the srsName differs.

> Interesting. I imagine on-the-fly reprojection should be done from the
> feature SRS to the layer SRS ? CC'ing Jef since he has done work in the NAS
> driver recently.

Yes, I wanted to look that up, before responding to a post on the nas list[1].
But didn't find time to yet.

I didn't come across such datasets yet.  Test data would be appreciated.

Jürgen

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/nas/2014-January/000596.html

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden