[gdal-dev] OGR and WFS axis order

Yves Jacolin (Free) yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Jan 31 09:09:57 PST 2014

Hello Even,

Le vendredi 31 janvier 2014 11:38:07 Even Rouault a écrit :
> Hi Yves,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am testing ogr2ogr to read WFS services and create shapefil. WFS version
> > 1.0.0 is working as expected but 1.1.0 send data with y/x axis and store
> > them in shapefile without taking this in account. Points are reversed in
> > QGIS.
> Hum, the GML driver should do the swapping back to x/y axis automatically,
> but sometimes the content of the GML isn't consistant with the assumptions
> of the GML driver (see my email from one hour ago related to that !)
I find it and read it, but I need to read it again :)

> > The OGR GML page gives some point about this and indicates two parameters:
> > * configuration option GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN to YES
> > * configuration option GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG to NO
> >
> > Does it work with WFS format?
>
> Yes. Your problem might be (blind guessing !!!) a WFS server that reports
> the SRS as "EPSG:XXXX" with y/x axis. In that case, setting
> GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN to YES should help.
The WFS server is MapServer and my local test works correctly but not the
server. I guess some difference but I don't know why or which. Does it seems
possible to you that the EPSG database is not up tu date and can be the reason
of this difference?

> > Which kind of configuration option is it? layer
> > or dataset configuration option?
>
> Configuration options can be passed with the "--config key value" (no equal
> sign) on GDAL/OGR command line utilities. Or they can be set as key=value
> environment variables.

Indeed, it works much better in this way :)

Thanks,

Y.