[gdal-dev] OGR and WFS axis order

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 31 02:38:07 PST 2014

Hi Yves,

> Hello,
>
> I am testing ogr2ogr to read WFS services and create shapefil. WFS version
> 1.0.0 is working as expected but 1.1.0 send data with y/x axis and store them
> in shapefile without taking this in account. Points are reversed in QGIS.

Hum, the GML driver should do the swapping back to x/y axis automatically, but
sometimes the content of the GML isn't consistant with the assumptions of the
GML driver (see my email from one hour ago related to that !)

> The OGR GML page gives some point about this and indicates two parameters:
> * configuration option GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN to YES
> * configuration option GML_INVERT_AXIS_ORDER_IF_LAT_LONG to NO
>
> Does it work with WFS format?

Yes. Your problem might be (blind guessing !!!) a WFS server that reports the
SRS as "EPSG:XXXX" with y/x axis. In that case, setting GML_CONSIDER_EPSG_AS_URN
to YES should help.

> Which kind of configuration option is it? layer
> or dataset configuration option?

Configuration options can be passed with the "--config key value" (no equal
sign) on GDAL/OGR command line utilities. Or they can be set as key=value
environment variables.