[gdal-dev] Fast Pixel Access

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 31 23:27:32 PST 2014

Le samedi 01 février 2014 00:23:13, Brian Case a écrit :
> evenr
>

> what about the use of a tileindex?

You really mean a tileindex as produced by gdaltindex ? Well, that's not
exactly the same beast as a VRT, but yes if it was recognized as a GDAL
dataset then you could potentially save the cost of XML parsing. One could
imagine that the VRT driver would accept a tileindex as an altenate connection
string.

Anyway it would be interesting to first profile where the time is spent in David
use case. If it's in the XML parsing, then I can't see what could be easily
improved in that area. If it's the intersection, then there's potential for
improvement.

--
Geospatial professional services