[gdal-dev] gdal installation, geopdf not recognized

Liu, Jian JLiu at eris.ca
Mon Jul 14 07:52:14 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have been trying to install GDAL to convert USGS GeoPdf. Googling gave me a couple of links for quick installation for windows.

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki
·         http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#gdal        (GDAL‑1.11.0.win32‑py2.7.exe<javascript:;>)

I have 32 bit machine, windows 7 and python 2.7. There was a side-by-side configuration error, so I had to get that .dll, and I tried a couple of times. The installation seemed successful, however, I got error when reading a geopdf:

ERROR 4: `C:\TestFolder\WI_Madison_West_20100723_TM_geo.pdf' not recognized as a supported file format.

Even though pdf is listed with gdalinfo –formats:  PDF (rw): Geospatial PDF

Anybody could point me to a solution to this? It’s much appreciated.
(I saw a previous post about cleaning before a new installation. That could be my problem too. But not sure how to do this with windows. Any clue would be helpful, thanks!)

Regards,
Jian