[gdal-dev] "ESRI Shapefile" Driver Not Found

Michael Aschenbeck m.g.aschenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:46:44 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm having trouble creating a shapefile.  My problems are isolated to the
following c++ block:

    const char *pszDriverName = "ESRI Shapefile";
    GDALDriver *poDriver;
    GDALAllRegister();
    poDriver = GetGDALDriverManager()->GetDriverByName(pszDriverName );
    if( poDriver == NULL )
    {
        printf( "%s driver not available.\n", pszDriverName );
        exit( 1 );
    }

which enters the conditional since it cannot find the "ESRI Shapefile"
driver.

The funny thing is that this driver loads no problem with my Python
bindings.  Does anyone have any advice to help me out?

Thanks,
Mike