[gdal-dev] Behavior of Polygonize function (JAVA bindings to GDAL)

Mateusz Wodzikowski matwod at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:35:52 PDT 2014

Hello,

I just discovered strange behavior of Polygonize function in JAVA bindings
to GDAL.
The function do not create the attribute in which the value of raster is
stored as it is described in http://www.gdal.org/gdal_polygonize.html .

After performing the function on a raster GeoTIFF file the it seems that
the value of the raster is not passed to the resulting features.
The method GetFieldAsDouble("DN") gives: ERROR 1: No such field: 'DN'.
Additionally the feat.GetFieldCount() gives 0. When I try to print the
field with ID 0 (GetFieldAsDouble(0)) I get consecutive numbers from 0 to
the total number of polygons which were 'discovered'.

I use:
GDAL 1.11.0
jdk 1.7u55
Apache Ant 1.9.4
swig-3.0.1

JAVA bindings compiled using VS 9.0 on Win7 64bit machine

Best regards,
Mateusz