[gdal-dev] New compression library based on gdal design

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:21:14 PST 2014

Hey Seth,

I would love to have some help!  Currently I have gathered all the relevant
open-source GPU accelerated code
I could find here:

https://github.com/OpenCodec

My plan is to port an existing CUDA jpeg 2000 library to OpenCL:

https://github.com/OpenCodec/gpu_jpeg2k

My library will be called "ThousandthChicken", after the Seymour Cray quote:

If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/seymourcra103779.html>

Have a look a the code, if you have some time, and let me know your
thoughts.

Cheers,
Aaron