[gdal-dev] Extra Decimal places added to ASCII gdal_translate mosaic

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:49:22 PDT 2014

Have you tried using a 36bit (float) instead of 64bit (double) output?
 double is usually the default output type and has more significant digits
(~16) than your source, so it's representation is "ok" in double format

see [1] for an explanation on floating-point precision

the following argument would do this "-ot Float32"

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point

Etienne