[gdal-dev] WAsP map output for ogr

Vincent Mora vincent.mora at oslandia.com
Tue Mar 11 02:09:09 PDT 2014

The driver is now R/W.

Thanks for your comments (answer below).

On 09/03/2014 19:58, Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my quick review :
>
> - ogrwaspdatasource.cpp :
>    * change author and copyright to yours
Done.
>    * why do you need #ifdef _WIN32
> # include <windows.h>
> #endif
Not needed indeed, removed.
>     * GetLayer() : index start at 0, not 1
Done.
>     * WASP_MERGE: you could use CSLTestBoolean(CSLFetchNameValueDef(
> papszOptions, "WASP_MERGE", "YES" ))
Done.

> - ogrwasplayer.cpp :
>    * change author to yours
Done
>    * OGRWAsPLayer::~OGRWAsPLayer(): potential issues with lines with less than
> 2 points ? (and probably at other places)
I wanted to add IsValid after polygon intersection to take care of that.
But those lines come from intersection of polygons, so I guess it's a
bug in geos if lines with no points (i.e. no intersection) or lines with
one point (i.e. points) come out of intersection.
>    * OGRWAsPLayer::WriteRoughness(): oErrorRegion.Intersect( oEnvelope ); at
> line 304 is useless
Why is it useless ? If the polygons overlap, this should indicate
roughly the zone where they overlap (no 's'  at the end of Intersect).
>    * OGRWAsPLayer::CreateFeature(): GetFieldAsDouble() will return 0 if the
> field for the feature is NULL. That might be OK for your use case. If not, you
> could use IsFieldSet().
Done.
>    * OGRWAsPLayer::CreateGeomField(): that's OK (except the assert(false)), but
> you likely did't need to implement it, unless the source feature has several
> geometry fields.
This is historical (testing when I though all geom fields were created
by a call to this).  I prefer to keep it (I removed the assert(false))
in order to be able to multi geometry columns (postgis).