[gdal-dev] Gdal GeoTIFFs in MapInfo

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Mar 12 08:43:07 PDT 2014

Eric Goddard <egoddard1010 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> What about using a world file for the projection info? It is an Esri
> thing, but maybe MapInfo will recognize it. Just add a -co TFW=YES to
> the gdal_translate command.

I may remember wrong and I do not have Mapinfo at hands now, but I bet that
it at least used to be so that you first _import_ GeoTIFFs with Mapinfo and
it creates a tab file. Later you can _open_ the tab. If that fails it may
mean that Mapinfo does not recognize the projection of the GeoTIFF.

-Jukka Rahkonen-