[gdal-dev] Problem using gdal_contour after gdal_merge.py

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Mar 24 06:41:24 PDT 2014

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen <at> mmmtike.fi> writes:

> Tom Beddard <tom <at> subblue.com> writes:
>

> > Can anyone else confirm this behaviour when extracting contours from
> merged SRTM tiles?

Can you check this command, it is perhaps not that you actually used:
gdal_contour -a elev -snodata 32767 -i uk-3785.tif uk-contour.shp

My GDAL gives FAILURE: Neither -i nor -fl are specified.
With -i 100 I have managed to run your commands. Result was 620 MB shapefile
with 135020 linestrings and it took several minutes to run it but it worked
for me.

-Jukka Rahkonen-