[gdal-dev] OGR: memory leak in OCI driver

SIMON Nicolas nicolas.simon at spw.wallonie.be
Tue May 6 08:32:09 PDT 2014

Dear developers,

                I suspect that there is a memory leak in OCI driver for OGR

                My simplified test case is :

// point A
OGRRegisterAll();

// point B
pDS = OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open("OCI:USER/PWD at INSTANCE:TABLE", true);
if(pDS)
     {
          OGRDataSource::DestroyDataSource(pDS);
          pDS = NULL;
     }
     else
     {
          fprintf(fOut,"Erreur Open\n");
     }
     // point C

OGRCleanupAll();
// point D

It appears that I lose memory between points B and C, and between point A and D

                B = A + 4 MB
                C = A + 20 MB ( 16 MB lost)
               D = A +19 MB ( 3 more MB lost)

Test was done with GDAL 1.9 under windows (with Oracle 11g)

Can some one have an idea to find and fix this ?

Thank you

By the way,  I received < TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation > when I tried to make a ticket (UID nicsim)

Nicolas