[gdal-dev] OGRLineString Project

Ochs, Elke ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Elke.Ochs at erdc.dren.mil
Thu May 15 13:26:43 PDT 2014

Hello,

The class reference for OGRLineString says Project is available at OGR 1.11.0, GEOS >= 3.2.0.  I'm using Python 2.7, OGR 1.11.0, GEOS 3.4.2, but can't locate the Project method.  Is it really in 1.11.0?  Someone smarter than I said it seems to be missing from the SWIG interface (hope I said that right).  If Project isn't implemented, yet, will it be soon?

The syntax I've tried is:
MyLineGeometry.Project(MyPointGeometry)

I get the following error:
AttributeError: Project

This functionality is available through Shapely, but I need to limit use of additional dependencies.

Thank you for any help,
Elke