[gdal-dev] RFC 46 GDAL/OGR unification adopted and commited

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 27 00:28:50 PDT 2014

On 27 May 2014 01:24, Ivan Lucena <lucena_ivan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What I am most interested is to have two driver
> (that uses the same data container) sharing a little bit of code.
> [...]
> In my case I would like to have a folder structure to keep my two driver
> under the same folder.
>
> Something like that:
>
> /frmts/container/
> /frmts/container/vector
> /frmts/container/raster
>
> But that idea doesn't help with your concern about a large number of
> sub-folders under /frmts.

Ivan,

You've touched an important issues - sharing of code between drivers that
connect to the same data provider.

My understanding is that drivers like Oracle or PostGIS would have the
following structure:

/frmts/mixed/oracle
/frmts/mixed/postgis

I'm not sure if I've grasped the idea well though.

Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net