[gdal-dev] VRTBuilder class

Siebe Bosch siebe at hydroconsult.nl
Wed May 28 12:14:34 PDT 2014

Dear Gordon,

If you want to use the VRTBuilder inside your own programming
environment (on Windows) you could also start using the MapWinGIS
ActiveX control.
Version 4.9 and later supports GDAL, including the VRTBuilder function.

The activeX control can be downloaded here:
mapwingis.codeplex.com

I just got it working myself. Building a VRT file from a bunch of grids
has become quite easy now. Sequentially I use functions such as
ClipGridByPolygon on the VRT file and it works fine.

Cheers,
Siebe

On 28-05-14 21:03, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> The VRTBuilder class in the gdalbuildvrt utility source code is very
> useful. Is there any intention to make it part of the GDAL API?
>
> Gordon
>
> --
> Gordon Farquharson
> GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676

Hydroconsult
Lulofsstraat 55, unit 47
2521 AL Den Haag
The Netherlands

web: http://www.hydroconsult.nl
e-mail: siebe at hydroconsult.nl
phone: +31(0)70 250 0580
mobile: +31(0)6 17 682 689
Aangesloten bij WaterFocus, de coöperatie van
zelfstandige professionals in het waterbeheer