[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL (and PROJ4) via Emscripten?

Chris Hanson xenon at alphapixel.com
Mon Nov 3 08:15:58 PST 2014

  I'm wondering if anyone here has succeeded, attempted, or just
investigated compiling GDAL (and PROJ4) via Emscripten into Javascript
asm.js dialect to run in a browser? We're looking at some web/client side
code that would be best if it could do its job (data access and display)
client-side in a browser, and GDAL and Emscripten seem to be the likely
best way to accomplish it.

  I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if anyone has already tried this.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/