[gdal-dev] Geotiff "client side"

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Fri Oct 3 02:12:13 PDT 2014

Hi Xavier,

there is a couple of options with WCS 2.

- you can request another format which is easier to handle by the client, such
as PNG (builtin browser support).

- you can send a separate DescibeCoverage request and get an XML structure
containing all metadata.

- you can direct the server (if it supports this - data formats are at its
discretion) to deliver a multipart MIME document (same mechanism as email +
attachment). Its first part will be the coverage description in XML, the second
part the (TIFF or PNG or ...) image.To this end, use this request syntax
(presented in GET/KVP and TIFF, for POST/XML see the protocol binding specs):
     http://.../wcs?REQUEST=GetCoverage & ... &
         FORMAT=image/tiff & MEDIATYPE=multipart/related

HTH,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)