[gdal-dev] Re-projecting with valid geometry

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Sep 6 05:43:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

> Interestingly table reprojected with ogr2ogr shows errors on different
> features then errors generated by PostGIS's ST_Transform() function.

This is a bit surprising. ogr2ogr applies reprojection on each point of source
geometries. I would have expected ST_Transform() to do the same.

> I wonder if there are some steps I can take before re-projecting or
> afterward, that will produce valid transformation, without need of
> correcting erroneous geometries by hand after re-projecting data?

Not sure if this qualified of a by hand correction, but you may want to try
ST_MakeValid() after ST_Transform() :
http://postgis.org/docs/ST_MakeValid.html

Even