[gdal-dev] netCDF: use spatial variables instead dummy dimensions

klo uo klonuo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:09:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

I want to convert netCDF dataset to GeoTiff with gdal_translate.
My netCDF dataset contains data in projected coordinates, so (x, y) grid
dimensions are just dummy enumerated grid values. However dataset contains
(lon, lat) spatial mesh variables, matching each (x, y) pair to be able to
provide valid spatial content.

When I use gdal_translate, resulting GeoTiff file is with invalid spatial
dimension, as expected as probably netCDF driver reads these (x, y) values
and translates them to geographic extent in resulting GeoTiff file.

Is there any way I can instruct gdal_translate to read spatial dimensions
from spatial variables instead these dummy dimensions?