[gdal-dev] Issue with gdalchksum on Fedora 21 ppc64le?

Gawade P gawade.oefp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:01:41 PDT 2015

 Hi All,

I am performing the following operation on a Fedora 21 ppc64le machine:

gdal_translate -of HF2 byte.tif byte.tif.tst

Here byte.tiff is TIFF image data
[root at pts0433-vm12 test]# file byte.tif
byte.tif: TIFF image data, little-endian, direntries=15, height=20,
bps=8, compression=none, PhotometricIntepretation=BlackIsZero,
width=20

The operation completes without issues.

However,
gdalchksum.py byte.tif
 gives me 4672

and
gdalchksum.py byte.tif.tst
give me 4716

I have installed gdal and gdal-python using the following rpm packages:
gdal-1.11.2-4.fc21.ppc64le.rpm
gdal-python-1.11.2-4.fc21.ppc64le.rpm

The above commands give the same output on Intel (x86) platform i.e. 4672.
Also, if I transfer the output file byte.tif.tst to an x86 machine, I
get the correct output, i.e. 4672.

Can anyone please guide me on what is the expected output

Thanks in advance!