[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 59 (v2): GDAL/OGR utilities as a library

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Aug 26 11:27:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

Summer of code 2015 being finished now, Faza's work now include librarification
of gdalinfo, gdal_translate, gdalwarp and ogr2ogr. Faza will continue working
on some other utilities.

We'd be happy to hear about your comments, especially on the API. So speak now
please.

The overview of the work is there:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc59_utilities_as_a_library

I'd like to call for a vote soon as I'd want that to be merged as soon as
possible, so it gets more widely tested and to avoid increasing merge
difficulties.

Even