[gdal-dev] Changing pixel values of GDAL VRT

cl clutz at virtualcitysystems.de
Tue Dec 15 08:23:44 PST 2015

Is it possible to manipulate the pixel values of a GDAL VRT and, if so, how?
The original data must remain unchanged.

I have a dataset which might be a bit rotated so that there are no data
values on the edges. I use region growing to find that parts on the edge to
not touch no data values in the actual area. I want to interpolate in the
actual area in a next step. Sometimes I might have e.g. a very large dataset
or ASCII data which can not be overwritten.