[gdal-dev] cmake4gdal?

Dmitriy Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:37:36 PST 2015

Hi Scott,

I make the table of cmaking the GDAL.
https://github.com/nextgis/gdal_svn/wiki/cmake-driver-status
May be some drivers that already cmaked I missed and vice versa, but the
whole picture can be seen.

About "is the probability of cmake4gdal replacing autotools" I agreed
with Even. We need the full and working system and several releases.
Also, cmake not to influence on gdal sources, so the two build systems
can live together and one can use the preferable.
Certanly I prefer cmake :)

Also, I forgot to mention, that some checks in autoconf (the C/C++ test
code) should be add to cmake too.

P.S.
Be free to send your pull request with cmaking of GDAL to our repo.

Best regards,
     Dmitry