[gdal-dev] HDF support under Gentoo/Funtoo

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Feb 16 01:23:06 PST 2015

Greetings to the list.

I am trying to emerge gdal under Funtoo with support for HDF4 (see
<http://gpo.zugaina.org/sci-libs/gdal> for the ebuild).  I am not sure
how to get this done.  There is no USE flag for hdf (only for hdf5).
Since the system is quite similar with Gentoo, is there anyone out there
working with gdal and support for HDF4 under Gentoo?

The instructions at <https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/HDF> don't help
me much either. I only understand as a relevant information the part
about "Incompatibility with NetCDF Libraries".  But I don't request
support for NetCDF via the respective use flag.

Thank you, Nikos