[gdal-dev] HDF support under Gentoo/Funtoo

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 16 06:33:37 PST 2015

Hi Nikos,

The gentoo ebuild is somehow limited in terms of driver choices in my
opinion (especially if you have additional commercial licenses to
include as, e.g. Kakadu or ECW). What I do is to compile a custom gdal
build and install it to /usr/local. For the current stable 1.11, you
would emerge sci-libs/hdf first, and then configure the downloaded
package like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-python

(both HDF libs are found automatically by configure).

Cheers, Sebastian